Friday, May 22, 2009

Omlettes and belts.



Tonight for dinner I had an omelet. I love them with black beans, cheddar and salsa verde. I follow Julia Child's instructions in Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I'll probably blog about it later this weekend. But what I won't blog about is the fact I nearly set the smoke alarms off. My pan was too hot (it's a gas stove and I'm so not used to this) and the butter smoked like nobody's business. The problem is, none of my windows open! It's an old house. My door to the outside is a flight of steps down, so it didn't do me much good. I just threw the pan in the oven, tried to air out the kitchen by flailing my arms, and prayed.

Actually, I probably will tell that story.

The second photo is from my walk to work this morning (and every morning, really). A star of David belt...really? Is anyone that Jewish?

2 comments:

  1. haha. i love it. and how is that house up to fire code when the windows don't open. are you living in a death trap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can't tell me if they had a belt with a huge comma on it, you wouldn't get it.

    ReplyDelete